*TRIGGER WARNING*(?) A 17-year-old girl makes a mental list of foods she wishes to consume even though her Graduation Day Ceremony is in four days, she has to wear a saree, and she demolished a whole entire Oreo Silk after doing the same to a Twix bar less than 24 hours ago
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream/ Lemon Cheesecake
- Taco Bell’s Cheese Quesadilla
- Red Velvet Brownie (a CCN rant is overdue)
- Chianti’s White Sauce Spinach and Mushroom Ravioli
- Thai Green Curry with Rice
- Eliza’s Halloumi Pasties (should maybe stop watching MasterChef)
- Honey and Lays Belgian Waffles (yes, Lays chips, the blue packet, with waffles)
The highlight of today was getting to eat scrambled eggs in the evening after watching half an hour of Gordon Ramsay cooking scrambled eggs, approximately 16 MasterChef US contestants trying to cook scrambled eggs Ramsay-style, and 6 of them making them again from scratch, because their first attempts sucked (+ mine were decidedly not Ramsay-style).
- “Do these judges just enjoy tasting bad food again and again” – Mother of mine
- “Gosh, Aaie, no; the second tries will be far better, obviously” – Maitreyi
- “What, should I use a F#&@!-ing straw… [to ingest the muck on this plate]” – Gordon Ramsay (or something along those lines)
It has been exactly one month since I slow-danced(!) with my date(!) on a rooftop(!) under the stars(!).
Has Maitreyi been watching too many a) dance videos b) make-up videos c) kitten and piglet videos, and d) food videos in the recent past?
- Yes, but she deserves those breaks.
- No, and I’ve got recommendations for her!
- But has Maitreyi ever actually used mascara before?
- Why is Maitreyi not watching Khanacademy videos?
The last two texts I sent today (in order: from last to second-to-last)
- A piece of trash
- I am
- Well, true.
- What is it this time?
- No oh my god why would you say that!
Textual Form of a Mental To-Do List/ Explanation for the Above
- Study, perhaps
- Write essay
- Eat fruit, etc.
- Inorganic Chemistry notes?
- Google distance b/w U of Rochester and New York City again (7 hour journey? How are they in the same state what nonsense)
- Google distances b/w various Universities of California
- Mera! (+ miss + hugs + hearts)
- A spider jumped on me today
- Try blogging!
- Turn Study boxes green!*
- Buy 2 notebooks
- Get Ishaan to hide money (because stationery-shopping is not the answer to stress!)
- Reconsider validity of portion of point (12) that has been parenthesized.**
Will Maitreyi get her work done today, or any day, ever?
- Seems manageable.
- Number (8) isn’t even a point.
- Why the pineapples am I still reading this post?
(I have a color-coded Excel sheet enlisting the work I must do to prepare for my boards. *Green: done! Light Blue: basically done; skim through once more. Purple: p much done; read once more. Yellow: what were you even doing when you first studied this chapter? Red: why have you still not done this has it been ten whole months into Grade 12 or NOT, My?)
** ‘Parenthesized’ is actually a word!
Can one face withdrawal symptoms due to the absence of a person?
- No, that’s really weird and creepy.
- You are living proof that one can, My.
I love the smell of vanilla; I love bending paperclips into hearts. I want to have more of those amusing conversations about Necks and certain pink-colored pieces of clothing. I miss the Teacher’s Day Dance! I’m craving the words “Yes, dear?“. I miss waving at a particular face every morning assembly/ in class/ during break.
I have friends I text when I’m feeling kinda pretentious and wishing I could spew poetry (Hey Numi, Tara, Kasvi!), friends I text when I want to cry about how incredible some people are (Hey Dithya!), friends I text when I need a mom-figure (Hey Niv!), friends I text when Tiger/ any cat/ any piglet/ any bunny is being silly and endearing (Hey Aditi!), friends I text when I dislike most of the world and want to feel safe (Hey Ankit!)
I also have friends (who make me love vanilla, and dances, and the moon, and the stars, and shampoos, and hot pink, and singing, and mismatched socks, and life) I text or call daily about anything or everything – eating chocolate, choosing notebook colors, new shows, thirteen-year-olds, horrible people, falling asleep – or just to remind them I love them.
How will Maitreyi do without seeing, talking to, hugging, and kissing these people properly for four whole months?
- All of the above.
With new rules that are tougher than the ones school once set, and no more school, and the board exams, and my friends’ entrances, and college admission decisions arriving, I have to learn (despite how terrifying these months sound as is) to keep my dependency on my people to a minimum and to maximize what we get out of the little time we do spend together.
Will Maitreyi actually survive these next four months?
- Hmm, let’s see.
- She loves her friends as much as pineapples.
- She can/ will do anything for them.
- She is very excited for them!
- They are going to be so great.
- They already are.
- They will make up for all the lost time in June :))
- Will she survive?
I think so, yeah.